2019 Annual Conference
March 3 – March 8, 2019
October 1, 2017 Abstracts Due at 11:59pm PDT
November 1, 2017 Abstract Acceptance Notification
February 25 – March 2, 2018 WTA Annual Meeting in Whistler, British Columbia
- Abstract submissions must be made using this form only by October 1, 2017 at 11:59pm PDT.
- Upload graph or charts in .jpg formats only.
- Attending level author to be present to answer questions when medical students present.
- Posters are to be considered as prior presentations and will disqualify abstracts from WTA presentation.
- If chosen to present at the WTA 2018 Annual Meeting, you must certify that the information contained in the presentation and manuscript represent original work that has not been previously published, and will not have been presented or be under consideration for publication at a national or international meeting prior to the dates of this meeting. Poster presentations and “quick shots” are considered prior presentations.
- All authors (except case reports and family abstracts) must submit a manuscript to the Journal of Trauma by the January 15th (Earl Young Competition) or February 15th (all other papers). Failure to submit the manuscript by the deadline will result in removal of the manuscript from the Earl Young competition and the sponsor could be blocked from future Western Trauma presentations.
Earl Young Resident Research Competition
You must indicate on the abstract submission form if you’d like to be considered for the Earl Young Resident Research Competition. Due to the number of qualified applicants in the competition, only the top-rated abstracts will be entered into the competition. Some Earl Young qualified abstracts will be presented at the meeting but will not be part of the final competition.
The Residents’ Paper competition was begun in 1991 as a tribute to Dr. Young’s memory and his “spirit of inquiry, love of learning and commitment in service to mankind. The award is given to the best resident paper presented at the Annual Meeting.
Resident Paper Competition Rules:
Eligibility: All medical students, residents, and fellows who have completed the work being presented while in an official training program. The presenter may have completed training at the time of presentation.
Requirements: The paper must not have been presented at another major meeting nor published prior to the WTA meeting. All abstracts accepted for Earl Young presentation must have a manuscript submitted electronically in a Journal of Trauma format to the Publications Committee Chair by January 15th.
Sponsorship: The sponsorship of an Earl Young Competition is not to be taken lightly. The sponsor of the paper must be a Western Trauma Association member in good standing. If the manuscript is not submitted by the deadline, it will not be considered eligible for the competition. The sponsor and/or the senior author is expected to be present when the paper is given or face potential one-year censorship.
Note: Upon submitting this abstract, you will be redirected to a disclosure form.